We offer a wide range of products and services, including online content, advertising services, membership subscriptions, books, jewelry, candles, websites, digital content, online services, and online courses (collectively “products”).
What Personal Information will we collect from you?
We may collect personally identifiable information from you that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). Personal Information can be collected in a variety of ways, including through our interactions with you and through our products.
You provide some of this Personal Information directly through online forms for ordering products, registering as a member on our website, or through your correspondence with us. Through these interactions, you may be asked to provide us with your first and last name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. We also obtain data about you from third parties.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When we ask you to provide Personal Information, you can decline. Many of our products require you to provide us with some of your Personal Information in order for us to provide you with such product. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information necessary to provide you with a product, you cannot use that product. Likewise, where we need to collect Personal Information by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the Personal Information, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing product you’re using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
With our customer’s consent, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers such as your name, phone number, mailing address, and email address
- Credit, debit, or payment card information if used, such as for billing purposes
Occasionally, we purchase third-party marketing data and add it to our existing user database to better target our advertising and provide pertinent offers we think our users would be interested in. We use this information to enhance or overlay the ‘profile’ of individual users. This aggregate marketing data is therefore tied to the users’ Personal Information.
What will we do with your Personal Information?
Our Use of Your Information. Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use Personal Information to:
- Comply with legal, reporting, and regulatory requirements;
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties;
- Create and manage your account;
- Deliver targeted advertising, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and our website to you;
- Email you regarding your account or order;
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to our products;
- Increase the efficiency and operation of our products;
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with our website;
- Notify you of updates to our products;
- Offer new products and/or recommendations to you;
- Perform other business activities as needed;
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity;
- Process payments and refunds;
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of our website and/or products;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Respond to product and customer requests; and
- Send you a newsletter.
- Sales of Personal Information. We have not and will not sell your Personal Information.
- Disclosures of Personal Information.
- In order to properly and efficiently provide you with our products, we may share the following types of Personal Information to a limited group of trusted third parties:
- Identifiers such as your name and email address;
- Credit, debit, or payment card information if used, such as for billing; and/or
- Geolocation data and/or address.
The above Personal Information may be disclosed to the following limited group of third parties:
- Our Agents. We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”), such as our attorneys, accountants, auditors, shippers, and credit card processors. We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products to you. For example, if a customer purchases a monthly membership subscription, we disclose their name, address, and credit card information to our credit card processor. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary for them to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
- Government agencies. We may disclose Personal Information to regulatory authorities, government authorities or courts to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of Chris Brake Photography, LLC or its affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of the users or the public.
Do you collect and use any other information from me?
We may collect other data from you that is not Personal Information and does not reveal your specific identity or does not relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect this other data in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, date, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that our website functions properly.
- Aggregate Information: Aggregated demographic information may be shared with our partners and advertisers but is not linked to any Personal Information. We may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the users of our website and our products to determine information regarding the use of our website and general information about our customers. We may also group this information to provide general aggregated data. The aggregated data will not personally identify any customers or visitors to our website.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of website users and email recipients, market our products to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about our website’s usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses our website, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering our website. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
Cookies cannot spread viruses or harm your computer. With respect to how long a cookie stays on your computer or mobile device, some cookies are session cookies that expire once you close your browser while others are persistent cookies which stay on your device until you delete them or they expire.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for our website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for products, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our websites will not then work. These cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our website and will not be able to monitor its performance. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established. Other similar technology we may use includes web beacons that are used on some of our website pages and in emails we send. They allow us to count users who visited these pages. Web beacons collect limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third-party advertisers. We may also use web beacons or similar technology to learn whether or not emails sent to you have been opened. Web beacons are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular marketing campaign. Web beacons do not store any Personal Information.
- Advertising and Social Cookies. These cookies may be set through our website by our advertising partners. These cookies collect Personal Information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. Personal Information and data stored by these cookies are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. We also use social media cookies to allow you to share our content on social networking sites through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube. Disabling these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
How long will you keep my Personal Information?
We will only retain the information associated with your account as long as it is needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, and enforce our agreements. We store very limited financial information, such as your credit card number information, only for as long as needed to ensure that you receive the products you request. For example, if you purchase a membership subscription, we will keep your payment information on file until you cancel your subscription. that we may collect when you subscribe, order, or request information about our products.
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which our website links. Our services sometimes link to goods and services from other companies, like opening a track from on a music service such as Spotify. Those other companies have their own privacy and cookies policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours. Additionally, we may use social buttons provided by businesses like Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Your use of these third-party sites is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party sites, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third-party site’s privacy policies.
Is my information secure with you?
We’re strongly committed to keeping your information safe. And to do this we design our products with your safety in mind. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure or have any questions about our security, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “CONTACT US” in Section 14, below.
Can I change the way I receive information from you?
We may contact you, by email or other means. We may also use technology to alert us via a confirmation email when you open an email from us. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications. If you do not want to receive email from us, please opt out of receiving emails at the bottom of any of our emails.
Are your products recommended for kids and teens?
We are in compliance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18. If you are a resident of California, under 18, and a registered user of one of our websites, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to our website by writing to [email protected]
What’s different for residents of California?
If you are a California resident, you have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. You will not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA. If you would like to exercise your rights to make an information access request or a deletion request, please click the applicable links below. In order to verify your request, you will need to provide your legal first and last name, email address you use to correspond with us, your relationship with us, and the state you currently reside in. After you submit the form, you will need to verify your email by clicking on a “Confirm Email” button in the email we will send you.
What’s different for residents outside of the United States?